Documents Whois Privacy Agreement
Check our resources and if you still can’t find what you’re looking for, give us a call.
WHOIS PRIVACY SERVICE.
- Our Whois privacy service is provided through http://PrivacyAdvocate.org.
- Whois privacy service is available for domain names for which Register4Less, Inc. is the direct ICANN accredited registrar. Domains registered through us as the reseller for another registrar (mostly for lower volume ccTLD domains) are not eligable for Whois privacy service.
The following policy applies for domains with the following exceptions:
- For .ca domains, the registry operator CIRA provides the Whois lookup service and optional Whois privacy. For domains, names registered to individuals with Whois privacy enabled, CIRA does not publish the individual’s contact information in the Whois record. If you wish to contact a Registrant whose information is not displayed in the WHOIS, you may use the online Message Delivery form available at https://services.cira.ca/agree/mdf/index.action. The message is forwarded to the Registrant’s Administrative Contact email address as provided by the Registrant. CIRA cannot guarantee that messages will be received, read and/or responded to by the recipient. Please see http://www.cira.ca/whois for further policy information from CIRA.
- For .us domains, the registry operator Neustar does not permit Whois privacy to be used for any .us domains.
- By making use of the Whois privacy service, you agree to bound by all the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement. The following terms and conditions apply:
- Whois Contact Information
By using our Whois privacy service, you authorize us to replace the contact information in your domain’s public Whois record with contact information from Privacy Advocate.org. Specifically, contact information for the registrant, administrative and billing contacts will be:
- The first and last names will be the first and last names are unchanged by the privacy service.
- The organization name will the organizational contact name (if applicable) are unchanged by the privacy service.
- The postal address will appear as 5802 Bob Bullock C1, Unit 328C-195, Laredo, TX, 78041-8813
- The email address will appear as firstname.lastname@example.org
- The telephone number will appear as +1.5143941150.
- No fax number will be provided.
- Domain Ownership
- You (and optionally your organization) maintain ownership of your domain name at all times. You maintain the right to sell or transfer your domain at any time. You retain complete control over the domain name and its registration records and may suspend and reinstate the Whois Privacy Service at your discretion. Should you disable the Whois privacy service, your contact information will be published in your domain’s Whois record.
- The Whois Privacy Service may be used with both new and existing domain name registrations where the domain is registered by Register4Less, Inc. and allowed by the domain’s registry. You may use the Whois privacy service with respect to a domain name that has been transferred but it will only commence after the transfer has been completed. If you wish to transfer the domain name to a different registrar, the Whois Privacy Service must be disabled in order to complete the transfer.
- Renewal and System Messages
- We will send all obligatory renewal and system-related messages to the Contacts you have designated.
- Right to Suspend and Disable
We shall have the right, at our sole discretion and without liability to you or any of your Contacts, to suspend or cancel your Whois Privacy Service and to publish your contact details in your domain’s Whois record. Situations under which we would suspend or cancel the Whois privacy service include, but are not limited to:
- When required by law;
- In the good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to further determination of an alleged breach of a law;
- To comply with a legal process served upon Register4Less;
- To resolve any and all third party claims including but not limited to ICANN’s or a Registry’s dispute resolution policy;
- If necessary to avoid any financial loss or legal liability (civil or criminal) on the part of Register4Less, Inc. or its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, agents, officers, directors and employees;
- If we believe in good faith that you or one of your Contacts is using the Whois Privacy Service to conceal involvement with illegal, illicit, objectionable or harmful activities or concealing involvement including but not limited to the website being involved hosting illegal content, content that infringes on third party’s copyright, transmitting spam, viruses, worms or other harmful computer programs; or
- If you breach any provision of this agreement.
- You understand and agree that, in the event that we receive a formal complaint, notice of claim or UDRP, that we will have the right to disable the Whois Privacy Service pending final disposition of the matter.
- In the event, Register4Less elects to suspend or cancel your Whois privacy service, or in the event, you elect to cancel the Whois privacy service for any reason, Register4Less shall not be liable for fees paid by you for the Whois privacy services.
- The following extensions currently either do not allow Whois privacy service or have limits on Whois privacy:
Frequently Asked Questions