Hosting DNS Change
Check our resources and if you still can’t find what you’re looking for, give us a call.
How do I change the Name Servers for my domain to my Hosting company Name Servers?
Step by Step Instructions:
- Log in to your domain profile (see this page for instructions)
- On the navigation menu, select DNS -> Change Nameservers.
- Enter the First Nameserver HOSTNAME provided by your Hosting company
- Enter the Second Nameserver HOSTNAME provided by your Hosting company
- Click on the Save Changes button.
Important note about NameServer ordering.
- When you make an update, we update your domain with the registry and get back in response to the name servers for the domain. We cannot determine in advance the order in which the registry will provide these. DNS is done in a round-robin fashion, so the order in which the name servers are listed has no effect on hosting or other services for your domain.
Important note about NameServer IP addresses.
- The IP address for those Name Servers will be looked-up automatically by our server. If the DNS server is from a different registry than your domain, i.e. your domain is a .org & the DNS servers are .com, the IP addresses will not appear in the Whois record for your domain. This is normal and will not affect the services for your domain. The order in which name servers are displayed in a whois record does not affect their priority. DNS is round-robin, so when servers get a query, it’s not possible to determine ahead of time which server would get queried first. It’s possible the DNS servers for your domain will not be displayed in the order you enter them. The order they are displayed is based upon the response from the registry once we’ve done the update. This will not affect the functionality of your domain.
Frequently Asked Questions
Copyright © 1998 – 2020 Register4Less.com, the non-evil domain registration and web hosting company!
Your source for safe and secure Domain Registry and Web Hosting services!