Hosting DNS Registration
Check our resources and if you still can’t find what you’re looking for, give us a call.
How do I register nameservers based on my domain name?
If you intend to host nameserver based on your domain, you need to register the nameserver with Verisign. For your DNS server to be properly recognized on the Internet, we will register your nameserver.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Log in to your domain profile (see this page for instructions)
- On the navigation menu, select DNS->Nameserver Registration
- In the space provided, provide the host name of the server (like ns1), and the servers IP Address.
- Click on Create Nameserver to register your nameserver.
Important DNS Tips
- You need to ensure that you have a DNS server running on the IP address specified for the registered nameserver. You must also have a primary & secondary nameserver set up and used. Do not point your primary nameserver to your DNS & leave the secondary server pointing to R4L’s DNS.
- If you do not have 2 separate IP addresses on which to run primary & secondary DNS, you can point both servers to the same IP address. You of course will not have redundancy in your service. In this case, you would register for example ns1.your-domain.com and ns2.your-domain.com, pointing to the same IP address, and then point the domain’s DNS to ns1.your-domain.com and ns2.your-domain.com.
- DNS is done in a round robin fashion. The order in which servers are listed in the Whois record for a domain does not indicate priority.
Frequently Asked Questions
Copyright © 1998 – 2020 Register4Less.com, the non-evil domain registration and web hosting company!
Your source for safe and secure Domain Registry and Web Hosting services!