Check our resources and if you still can’t find what you’re looking for, give us a call.
How do I give someone else limited access to manage my domain (sub-user)?
Creating a Sub-User Account
If you need to provide your ISP or other technician access to your domain, please do not do this by providing them your password. We have a special Sub-User command to provide this access. By creating a sub-user, you can give limited access to things like your DNS settings for your domain without giving away your password.
- Log in to your domain profile (see this page for instructions)
- On the left menu bar, select Profile->Manage Sub-User
- If you’re creating a sub-user, choose the username and password for this account and type these in.
- Select the records you will grant access to. Usually, this is for Name Servers and sometimes Technical Contact. We do not recommend granting access to Administrative Contact.
- Click on Save Changes once this is done.