Services Hosting Basic URL Forwarding
Check our resources and if you still can’t find what you’re looking for, give us a call.
How do I set up URL Forwarding for my domain?
URL (Universal Resource Locator) Forwarding will forward any traffic that will go to the domain on which you have this service set up to the address you specify.
- Cloaking Feature
- Cloaking keeps your domain name in the browser’s address bar, hiding or “cloaking” the address you are forwarding to. Please note, some websites will not allow cloaking (frames). If your forwarding is not working, try turning this off.
- 301 Redirect
- A 301 redirect tells the browser, search engine, and so on that this forwarding is permanent. If you do not plan on changing the forwarding for your domain, go ahead and use this option.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Login to your domain profile (see this page for instructions)
- Make sure you are using our NameServers (see this page to learn how to RESET your nameservers)
- In a separate browser window, type in the address of the site you want to forward to. We’re doing this to ensure the address is valid and can be reached on the Internet.
- On the menu bar, select Free Hosting > Web Hosting Options
- Make sure that URL Forwarding is selected for your domain.
- Copy and Paste the URL (web address) you want your domain forwarded to from the browser you tested it in.
- Click the Save Changes button to apply the changes.
Sit back & wait. If you changed your DNS settings, it takes up to 24h (sometimes longer) for these changes to be added to the root whois servers.
- Note 1: If you wish to hide the URL you are redirected TO, just check the “cloaking” option.
- Note 2: Be aware that certain websites do not like the cloaking option, and might display as a blank page if this is used.
Frequently Asked Questions
Copyright © 1998 – 2020 Register4Less.com, the non-evil domain registration and web hosting company!
Your source for safe and secure Domain Registry and Web Hosting services!