Services Hosting Email Importing-Exporting
Check our resources and if you still can’t find what you’re looking for, give us a call.
How to Import and Export Email from your Inbox or Other Folder to your Desktop
The following guide is based on using the RoundCube webmail interface. Importing and exporting email uses an email format called .eml, which is not a hunan-readable text format. In order to read email that you have exported, you need to import it back using the RoundCube webmail interface.
- Log into your webmail interface. If you are not using the RoundCube interface, click on your email address at the top right of the screen and choose RoundCube.
- Messages need to be exported one email at a time.
- Select the email that you wish to export by clicking on it to highlight it
- On the top menu, click More, an then Download
- The message will be save using the title of the email with the .eml.txt extension to the folder where your downloads normally go.
- Again, log in and make sure you are using RoundCube
- Select the folder where you want the imported message to go
- Click the Gear icon at the lower left of the screen and click Import Messages
- Choose the emails you wish to import (can be more than one) and click Upload
- The emails will show up in the folder as unread messages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Copyright © 1998 – 2020 Register4Less.com, the non-evil domain registration and web hosting company!
Your source for safe and secure Domain Registry and Web Hosting services!