Services Registration Transfer Out
Check our resources and if you still can’t find what you’re looking for, give us a call.
How do I transfer a domain away from Register4less.com?
We of course would prefer you didn’t, but as the non-evil registrar, we of course respect your right to transfer your domain to another registrar.
Most domain registrars are now charging additional fees, up to $12/year, on top of their domain registration fees in order to keep your personal contact information out of the public Whois database and out of reach of spammers. This essential service is still free for domains registered with Register4Less.com
Please, read the conditions for a successful transfer. Please note, under ICANN regulations, domains under dispute or domains that are less than 60 days old or domains that have been transferred to us within 60 days cannot be transferred.
Apples & Oranges: One thing we always recommend you check before initiating a transfer is that the registrar you are choosing to transfer to provides the same level of services that R4L does. Many charge extra for things like Whois Privacy, hosting, email aliases, toll-free phone support, and none has the Login Security Agent service. All of these we include with our registration service.
Step by Step Instructions:
- First, go to register4less.com to log into your account.
- On the top left side of the page, you will see the status of Whois Privacy and Registrar Locking.
- If Registrar Locking is enabled, click on the text “ENABLED” to switch it off.
- Go to Profile->Domain Details to obtain your EPP authorization code.
- You will need to provide the authorization code to the registrar you are moving to.
- Once you have confirmed the transfer with your gaining registrar, we will email you a confirmation request to confirm the transfer away from us.
- If you do not confirm the transfer away, it will complete by default in 5 days.